Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Combined: The Amazing Race: Come Unto Christ Edition

Last night for mutual we participated in the Amazing Race! This is one of my favorite TV shows, so I was especially excited to be able to put this together. Well, I don't know if I should say put it together, because I was fortunate enough to find this amazing activity here on Sugardoodle. Basically I just had to print everything off and set up a few things around our church building. I was pretty sure we wouldn't have that many youth show up, so I eliminated a few of the tasks (like the faith fall), and we only raced with 2 teams. We also didn't email any of the pictures and make a slideshow afterwards (not that tech savvy).

This activity was a big hit! Some of the youth were skeptical at first, but once we got going everyone had tons of fun. We had 2 adults go with each group. The youth either picked  a number 1-18 or randomly drew an envelope out of their packet. They then had to complete whatever challenge was inside. Each challenge coordinated with a section from the For Strength of Youth Pamphlet (learn more about that here). Some were simple reading and writing, others had more physical activities. Points were awarded for each activity. I left assigning points up to the discretion of the leaders with each team. If there was little or no effort put in they were allowed to dock points. The teams had to be back in the Relief Society room at 8:10 sharp or they were docked points also. The winning team won some "gold nuggets" (Rolos). And everyone who participated was able to "partake in the love of Christ" (heart shaped Reese's, hooray for clearance valentine's day candy). Our YW President spoke to us about coming unto Christ after everything had settled down. We actually got some responses out of the youth, which was so nice to hear. It was an awesome activity. Thanks again to Caytee at Sugardoodle for putting it all together. They couldn't stop talking about it afterwards.


I currently only have pictures from 1 group, hopefully I will have some from the second soon.
Modeling a modest outfit

After the floor maze. This was really hard they said.

Balloon portraits of themselves. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad it went well. This makes me so happy. Maybe I'll put together another one for next year. I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete